[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] Code Review.

Pjotr Prins pjotr.public14 at thebird.nl
Fri Jun 25 06:55:39 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 25, 2010 at 11:53:34AM +0530, Anurag Priyam wrote:
> The idea here was to implement a type system and stick close to the class
> hierarchy followed in the schema. However, looking back, I myself do not
> find the code for the Matrix class very elegant.

Over 3000 lines of code for an XML parser sends out alarm bells. If
you have the right testing files it should be easy to refactor. Make
it simpler. Also, when parsing this type of XML some Ruby reflection
may come in handy - I did some of that in my BioRuby GEO parser, which
lives in my GEO branch on github.  You should look at each class and
see if you can refactor it down to a single solution. Just make sure
it is not at the expense of readability and understanding.

Post us some ideas here, before you start hacking code.

Pj.