[BioRuby] [GSoC][NeXML and RDF API] Update

Anurag Priyam anurag08priyam at gmail.com
Tue Jun 22 08:46:19 UTC 2010

Hello all,

Much of the parser implementation is complete as of now. Last time I had
sent an update I had begun implementing characters element. Week 3( June
7-13) was quite low on work due to power shortage where I live. Consequently
implementation of characters spanned Week 4( June 14-20 ) too.

Work on NeXML serialization has begun. As of now it can serialize taxa
blocks. This week( week 5 - June 21-28 ) I will be working on serializing
trees and characters element.

I would also like to update a little more on future development plans. I am
targeting to finish much of the software development by week 9( July 19-25
), leaving week 10, week 11 and week 12 for feedback and iterations. This is
the time where I should make up for any mistakes or lost work. Perhaps in
this week we can make the code ready for merging in BioRuby's master branch.
Apart from this, I am targeting to finish serializer and start working on
the RDF API by week 6. Maybe we could have a round of code review after that
too? I am notifying this in advance so that if possible developers can
allocate time for this. Sounds good?

--
Anurag Priyam,
2nd Year Undergraduate,