[Biopython] Calculating NS and S over a given sequence

Zheng Ruan zruan1991 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 09:32:38 EDT 2021

Hi Pablo,

You can simply use cal_dn_ds(ref_seq, sample_seq) to achieve this. If you
have multiple sample_seqs, you may iterate all of them.

Internally, cal_dn_ds determines the N and S sites by averaging the N and S
sites counted from both the ref_seq and sample seq. If you specify the NG86
method, it does the log transform as you show in the figure.

Best,
Zheng