[Biopython] Volunteers for making Biopython release 1.77

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Sat May 23 15:19:19 UTC 2020

Looks ready to go - no other last minute issues have been raised, have they?

I'd like to include this, but won't hold it up to wait:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/pull/2334

Also any ideas on the remaining Debian / BLAST+ issue welcome:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/2863

Chris - against the background instructions
https://biopython.org/wiki/Building_a_release
do you want to start with:

(A) pull request to the main repository update the version in __init__.py
and the tutorial,
and NEWS.rst - perhaps dated Monday if you're going to be able to work on
it this weekend?
Otherwise give yourself a couple of days leeway as some of these steps will
need me
or another core developer to merge on your behalf.

(B) pull request to the DIST repository with updated Tutorial built with
that

The next steps must wait on those pull requests being merged. Note once (A)
is merged,
TravisCI should update the API docs for 1.77 automatically:
https://github.com/biopython/docs

(C) Once (A) is merged, pull request the wheel repository to build the
wheels

(D) Once (A) is merged, pull request to the website with the new tar-ball
and zip

(E) Draft a release announcement based on the NEWS.rst file, I can set you
up with
an account on the open-bio.org WordPress for that - do you want the same
username
as your GitHub?