[Biopython] Biopython 1.75 plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 27 15:13:11 UTC 2019

Hello all,

We've got more than enough new features and bug fixes to justify
doing the Biopython 1.75 release - hopefully early October 2019?

(We might then do a follow up late October or in November if it
turns out we need to fix something for Python 3.8 to work.)

Do people have any issues/pull requests they're working on or
especially need to be included?

Do people think we should once again use epydoc for the API
documentation:

https://biopython.org/DIST/docs/api/

Or, is the new largely automated Sphinx approach good enough?

https://biopython.org/docs/1.74/api/
https://biopython.org/docs/dev/api/

There are some specific issues noted here:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/906

Thanks,