[Biopython] [GSoC] Please submit your GSoC 2018 project ideas until Jan 20th.

Sourav Singh ssouravsingh12 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 12:41:36 UTC 2018

My bad. I am sending through my phone, so I didn't realise the mail wasn't
going into the mailing list. Apologies.

As for the library, ViennaRNA( http://rna.tbi.univie.ac.at/)  has tools to
predict secondary structure of RNAs, but I am not sure about tertiary
structures. While it is written in C, it has Python bindings which is a bit
messy to install and use.

As for experience, I have just started working on them as part of a NIPS
2017 paper here- http://papers.nips.cc/paper/6882-deep-recurrent-
neural-network-based-identification-of-precursor-micrornas so I should be
able to get a reasonable amount of knowledge about them before the
application period starts.

Regards,

Sourav