[Biopython] [GSoC] Please submit your GSoC 2018 project ideas until Jan 20th.

João Rodrigues j.p.g.l.m.rodrigues at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 10:47:25 UTC 2018

Also, an idea that I had in mind for a while is to add some sequence
analysis functionality, coupled to the Alignment class. For instance, I've
worked with alignments that I needed redundancy removed from, or
column-specific analysis like conservation, variability, coverage (# of
gaps), etc. I wrote some functions here and there but maybe there are
others with the same need that would like to see this implemented? I
thought also we could integrate this with Bio.Graphics and have some
graphical representation of alignments too, for these properties we would
calculate. Just putting out there for others to comment/criticize.