[Biopython] Biopython 1.71 release plans

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 3 09:15:51 UTC 2018

Hello all,

This is long overdue, but it looks like I could do the Biopython 1.71
release this week. I was delaying while PDB object comparison
was fixed.

As always, there are still lots of open issues (currently 239) and
pull requests (currently 60), but right now I don't think any of these
is important enough to delay a release.

Interestingly those numbers have stayed fairly level over the year -
help with triaging the backlog would be appreciated.

I may try to do a test of our API documentation using Sphinx, but
after the release is out. We will stick with epydoc again this time.

https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/906