[Biopython] Biopython website is down

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 13 08:59:20 UTC 2016

On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:48 PM, Peter Cock <p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 12, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Tiago Rodrigues Antao <tra at popgen.net> wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Apr 2016, Peter Cock wrote:
>>> If you are planning to contribute to the website directly via GitHub
>>> pull requests, please wait a bit longer as I am going to re-run the
>>> migration at least once more to deal with the user pages:
>
> i.e. I will be re-writing the history at least once more.

I did it re-write the website git history twice more, once last night to
include the User:XXX pages, and again just now to remove some
empty commits (MediaWiki rollbacks after removing spam usually).
This does seem to trigger a brief site outage, which is another reason
not to rewrite history ;)

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/9

I'd like to leave the site for a a few days to people can check the
commit history attribution and flag any final issues which would
deserve a re-import from MediaWiki:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/issues/2