[Biopython] Back translation from Protein to RNA sequence

Ivan Gregoretti ivangreg at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 14:20:44 UTC 2014

Hello Peter,

I would benefit from the availability of a back-translation tool for
practical reasons.

In our case, part of my team is designing peptides. They asked my if I
had a python tool to create the corresponding DNA so that they could
design and order expression vectors.

As simple as that. I would not intend to use this tool out of context
and I fully understand that a codon bias table would be necessary for
each species.

I just leave it then as an open question then in case somebody has
written a programme within the scope or our need. I'll explore the
pico_galaxy link you sent me nonetheless.

Thank you,

Ivan

Ivan Gregoretti, PhD
Bioinformatics