[Biopython] Sequence object "find" is still case specific?

Iddo Friedberg idoerg at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 21:10:43 UTC 2013

The thing is, I am a bit unsure of the utility of alphabets associated with
a Seq object in general. (And I was the one who was one of the original
crafters of the Seq object). It seems like *any* letter is acceptable -
there is no strict alphabet checking. I inserted "Z"s into an
unambiguous-dna Seq object. So I am not sure when this happened, but aren't
alphabets supposed to provide some constraints?