[Biopython] clustalW on mac

George Devaniranjan devaniranjan at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 17:46:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

Has anyone installed clustalw on a mac machine?

I downloaded a macosx.dmg file and when I double clicked on it I saw a
folder and inside it two icons, one was a help page (I did read that but
its on use of clustalw not installation)

When I clicked the other icon it open a terminal that I can use to align
but thats not what I want to do....I want to use the following command in a
piece of code

from Bio import Clustalw

I am not sure how to go about this.

I tried clustalx (the GUI version) and again it executes it and gives me a
window to select a file to align but again no installation in the python
path.