[Biopython] question on installation of BioPython on Mac OS 10.7

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 28 17:18:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 28, 2012 at 5:00 PM, Daria Fedyukina <fedyukina at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Thank you. I tried Terminal, it is indeed exactly the same.
> NumPy is not installed somehow. Here is my screenshot. Do you have any
> suggestions on how to install NumPy in such a way that this installation is
> seen when I do "python setup.py build" in the terminal?
>
> -Daria

Hi Daria,

Personally I use Apple's provided Python, which from memory
comes with a (slightly out of date) copy of NumPy. A more detailed
reply will have to wait until I'm at my Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" machine.

If anyone else online right now has Biopython installed and working
on Mac OS X 10.7 "Lion" and can help now, please speak up.

One important question could be was this a clean install of Lion,
or an update from Snow Leopard?

I'm a little confused now even with the screenshots. It looks
like you have download python-2.7.2-macosx10.6.dmg and
numpy-1.6.1-py2.7-python.org-macosx10.3.dmg which should
work fine together BUT you will have two copies of Python (the
Apple provided Python, and Python.org's Python) and it can be
confusing about which is in use and which has a given library
installed