[Biopython] Biopyhton 1.57 version problem

isha srivastava srivastavaisha.06 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:48:24 UTC 2011

Hello Sir / Mam

Sir , last days i asked problem about biopython 1.57 version that i have
downloaded the latest version that is 1.57 of biopython.
when i am giving the print Bio.__version__ command within the BioPython
directory this is showing correct version 1.57. But
when i am giving this command outside the biopyton directory then this is
showing biopython version 1.53.

I searched about the problem and found that my python 2.6.5 has already some
files of biopython such as ---

1)  python-biopython
1.53-1                                          Python library for
bioinformatics
2)  python-biopython-doc
1.53-1                                          Documentation for the
Biopython library
3)  python-biopython-sql
1.53-1                                          Biopython support for the
BioSQL database sc

I think the problem is because of these already existing biopython 1.53
files. Am i right?
If yes then how to get rid off this proble,?
If no then can anyone suggest me whats the problem and solution?

Kindly reply me soon.

Thanku very much.

regards
isha