[Biopython] Primer3Commandline rookie question

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 4 17:53:54 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 5:33 PM, Jukka-Pekka Verta <jp.verta at gmail.com> wrote:

> You're right, thats the case. Still, with -oligosize changed to -osizeopt
> Python returns me an error and running the eprimer3 on the command
> line gives me
>
>   EMBOSS An error in eprimer3.c at line 317:
> eprimer3: Could not exec primer3_core
> Segmentation fault
>
> JP

Wow - it looks like you may have found a bug in EMBOSS itself,
getting a "Segmentation fault" is never a good sign.

Have you properly installed the Whitehead institute primer3
package? The EMBOSS tool acts as a wrapper, and from
the error perhaps it can't find the primer3 tool?

You may want to report this to EMBOSS directly...
See also: http://emboss.sourceforge.net/apps/release/6.3/emboss/apps/eprimer3.html