[Biopython] searching for a human chromosome position

dr goettel biopythonlist at gmail.com
Fri May 29 09:36:29 UTC 2009

Hello,
I am new using biopython and after reading the documentation I'd like some
guides to resolve one "simple" thing.
I want to, given a number of a human chromosome, the position of the
nucleotide and the nucleotide that should be in this position, search for
that position and determine if there has been a mutation and if that
mutation produces an aminoacid change or not. I supose that first of all I
have to query genome database(?) using Entrez module and retrieve the
sequence where this base is. Then I supose I have to look for translated
sequences of this sequence and see what is the most probably frame of
traduction for this sequence and then see if there  is a change of aminoacid
or not.

Please could anybody send some clues for querying the database and find the
most probably frame of traduction to protein (in case that this is a good
workflow to solve this particular problem)??

Thankyou very much.