[Biopython] Writing into a PDB file using PDBIO module

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 21 20:48:12 UTC 2009

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 9:35 PM, life happy<iitlife2008 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have tried using   io.save("pdb_out_filename", se.accept_model(alt_model))
>
>        I get error as , 'int' object has no attribute 'accept_model'

If "se" really is an integer, that isn't surprising!

> If I use  io.save("pdb_out_filename", se = accept_model(alt_model))
>
>       I get Error: name 'accept_model' is not defined
>
> In both the cases I created 'se' an object of Bio.PDB.Select()
> Do you have an example for printing out some part of PDB?

The examples here may help:
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-May/005173.html
http://biopython.org/wiki/Remove_PDB_disordered_atoms
http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython/2009-March/005005.html

See also pages 5 and 6 of the Bio.PDB documentation, the bit
on the Select class:
http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/cookbook/biopdb_faq.pdf