[Biopython] BLAST footer

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Jul 20 14:51:51 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Luiz Thiberio
Rangel<lthiberiol at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Is there any way to get a complete BLAST footer using NCBIXML.parse?
> The xml BLAST output generated by blastall doesn't have the complete
> footer information, but the txt output has.

If the information isn't in the XML file, then the BLAST XML parser can't
tell you it ;)

> I'm running the BLAST using the xml output because this is the format
> compatible do BioPython's parser, but I need some information that it
> doesn't contains.  If somebody know how I can calculate the footer
> information by the xml content would be useful too.

What information in particular do you need? Have you read the BLAST
book (Ian Korf, Mark Yandell and Joseph Bedell)? They may explain
where some of these numbers come from.