[BioPython] taxonomic tree

dr goettel biopythonlist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 16:32:11 UTC 2008

> To do this in Biopython you'll have to write some SQL commands - but
> first you need to understand how the left/right values work if you
> want to take advantage of them.  I refer you to this thread on the
> BioSQL mailing list earlier in the year:
> http://lists.open-bio.org/pipermail/biosql-l/2008-April/001234.html
>
> In particular, Hilmar referred to Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties books,
> and the introduction to this nested-set representation given here:
> http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/network/2002/11/27/bioconf.html

That's great!!
Taking advantage of the left/right values will help me!! They 're  great.
I started writing a lot of code to do something that in fact can be done
with some sql statements.
In fact the sql statements are quite difficult for me so I have to deep
inside "inner joins".

Thankyou very much

drG