[BioPython] Unigene flat file parser

Michiel Jan Laurens de Hoon mdehoon at c2b2.columbia.edu
Mon Oct 30 22:08:50 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

[If you're also on biopython-dev, you've already received this post.
Sorry for the cross-post.]

Sean Davis of NIH has written a parser for the Unigene flat file format
described here:

ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/repository/UniGene/README

under the Hs.data section.

A natural place to include this in Biopython would be under Bio/UniGene.

However, there is some code already under Bio/Unigene, but I couldn't
find documentation for it and it hasn't been updated in more than two
years, so it may be some dead code sitting around. If so, we may as well
remove this code and put Sean's code there.

So just to make sure that this wouldn't harm somebody's work:

Is anybody using the current Bio/UniGene code?

Thanks,

--Michiel.

--
Michiel de Hoon
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics