[BioPython] Bioperl-corba-server

Ewan Birney birney@ebi.ac.uk
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 04:07:40 +0000 (GMT)

I have just imported a new module into the bioperl cvs repository,
called

bioperl-corba-server

Not alot in it at the moment ....

There will be a bioperl-corba-client module set as well. They will
use CORBA::ORBit as the Perl ORB (I hear COPE/ORBIT/TAO perl bindings
are being rationalised).

I have an 11 hour flight back to europe today and some of that will
be spend coding some simple servers up so that people can start
building clients asap - I am thinking in particular the biopython guys.

Matt - no idea where you are with your servers/clients but in a couple
of weeks we could have bioperl/biopython and biojava talking to each
other ;) Now that is exciting!