[BioPython] IDL's

Bradley Marshall bradbioperl@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:46:57 -0700 (PDT)

> If I could suggest that you use
> the bioperl idl as more
> of a guide than LSR.

I like the bioperl IDL better anyway.

A couple questions though:

1) Multiplicities.  My assumptions are an Annotation can have multiple
LitRefs, dbxrefs and comments; an AnnSeq can have multiple annotations
and seq features.  Can an AnnSeq have multiple sequences? (ie Several
exons of a gene)

2) What is the purpose of Seq's SubSeq attribute?

3) What are the Primary_Key and Source_Key of SEqFeature for?

4) Are your objects mutable?

5) If using java, I don't think you'd need a releasable object because
all objects have that built in. (In addition, Java doesn't support
mutiple inheritance) Does anyone know if it's necessary for python?

> One thing to think about is the BioPython sequence
> object both *wrapping*
> a IDL BioSource::Seq object and serving/supplying a
> BioSource::Seq object
> (ie, being both client and server).

hmmmm...
OK.

> I need to knock up a little example object (probably
> in C) which you can
> then play with via Fnorb. Sounds good?

Well I don't know C, and I've I've never heard of fnorb, but I guess
now's as good a time as any to learn.