[BioPython] IDL's

Bradley Marshall bradbioperl@yahoo.com
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 11:08:39 -0700 (PDT)

OK,

One thing that I'm still fuzzy on is how much to coform to idl's.
Originally I tried to conform to the LSR IDL and use only the given
interfaces.  Andrew said he wanted lighter weight objects (which I
agree with fully) and that with these we could still conform to the LSR
spec.  I really like Ewan's bioperl IDL, but that's even less like the
LSR proposal.
	I guess how question is: in designing classes, how close/far to IDL's
do you have to be to retain object sharing through Corba/other
interface languages?  Additionally, how do you make two objects talk
that have different IDL's?  One of my problem's may be that I don't
fully understand Corba yet.
	Thanks guys.

Brad