[BioPython] Congrats (and code contribution)!

Jeffrey Chang jchang@SMI.Stanford.EDU
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 12:07:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Dinu,

> Your project reminds me of some initial efforts along similar
> lines that I was thinking about with other folks while I was
> at EMBL-Heidelberg.

Do you know of any other people that might be interested in
supporting or contributing to biopython?

> As you are begging for source code I thought you might be in-
> terested in a little silly project of mine. But be warned: it
> is neither fast nor ingenious, neither really clean nor docu-
> mented.

No problem.  One of the goals of biopython is to maintain an archive or
pointers to scripts that other people may find useful.  I think it's
helpful to have a central place to check for scripts, before you end up
reinventing the wheel.  Plus, if someone finds your scripts useful, they
may even clean it up for you!

Please let me know if you would like biopython to link to or store your
scripts somewhere.

Jeff