[BioPython] web site beta

Bradley Marshall bradbioperl@yahoo.com
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 11:46:42 -0700 (PDT)

The site looks great, guys!

So I have a beginner's question.  I got my username and password from
Chris, but where do I login?  And what, exactly will I be logging into?

ANyway, I've done some searching for Free Biology Python code.  So far
I haven't turned up much, but I do have a few links.

You probably know about most of them.  One is the loci project:

www.uml.edu/loci

One is the visualization toolkit which isn't in python but has python
bindings.

www.kitware.com/vtk.html

The other is mdtools "which provides a set of classes useful for the
analysis and modification of protein structures."

http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~jim/mdtools/

Which, interestingly, had this to say: "Additional inspiration came
from Andrew Dalke's pdblang written in Perl."

I'm also working on a very rough implementation of the LSR UML in
Python.  I'm sure it will be very rough.  I'll send you guys the code
when I have something working.

Brad