[BioPython] Sequence numbering. Moving on...

Thomas.Sicheritz@molbio.uu.se Thomas.Sicheritz@molbio.uu.se
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 09:48:42 +0100 (WET DST)

Andrew Dalke writes:
 > I do see your point, and I need to consider it some more.  The use
 > case you have,
 >
 > > MySlice(7,30).seqReverse().translate()
 >
 > is slightly problematical, since Python sequences return None from
 > a call to reverse().

Again - for practical reasons, why not an additional return_seqReverse method ?
   MySlice(7,30).return_seqReverse().translate()

BTW - I don't think I have an account on a
bioperl/biopython/bioxml/biojava/whatever machine
- but I'd like to look into your line_lexer, is it available via FTP ?

If I am able to understand your parser, I can try to add rules for
SWISSPROT.
My current project parses ~1000 SWISSPROT entries each day and
I have never thought about event based parsing - but it seems to have some
great advantages over my document-orientated pseudoparsers ... :-)

-thomas

--
Sicheritz Ponten Thomas E.  Linnaeus Centre for Bioinformatics
blippblopp@linux.nu         BMC, Uppsala University

	De Chelonian Mobile ... The Turtle Moves ...