[Biopython-dev] [Biopython (old issues only) - Bug #2698] Attempt at a unit test for MaxEntrophy

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Wed Nov 9 04:09:51 UTC 2016

Issue #2698 has been updated by Vincent Davis.

There are now doc tests for /Bio/MaxEntropy.py and we have test coverage reports. I think this can be closed.

Bug #2698: Attempt at a unit test for MaxEntrophy

* Author: Bruce Southey
* Status: New
* Priority: Normal
* Assignee: Biopython Dev Mailing List
* Category: Unit Tests
* Target version: Not Applicable
* URL: 
I used test_LogisticRegression.py to develop a test for MaxEntrophy. However, I could not get MaxEntrophy to train on that dataset. Indeed I have found it to be very sensitive to both data and functions making it extremely hard to develop bioinformatics-based data and associated test. So in the end I generated data based on some of my work. 

I trained the model outside the tests because I do not know how to avoid retraining the model for each test.

test_MaxEntrophy.py (3.28 KB)

You have received this notification because you have either subscribed to it, or are involved in it.
To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mailman.open-bio.org/pipermail/biopython-dev/attachments/20161109/c1723391/attachment-0001.html>

More information about the Biopython-dev mailing list