[Biopython-dev] [Biopython (old issues only) - Feature #3460] Enhancement: network analysis tool PyPanda

redmine at redmine.open-bio.org redmine at redmine.open-bio.org
Fri Apr 22 08:10:11 UTC 2016

Issue #3460 has been updated by Peter Cock.

See also https://github.com/biopython/biopython/issues/814

Feature #3460: Enhancement: network analysis tool PyPanda
https://redmine.open-bio.org/issues/3460#change-15279

* Author: David van IJzendoorn
http://dx.doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0064832
PANDA (Passing Attributes between Networks for Data Assimilation) is a gene regulatory network inference method that uses message-passing to integrate multiple sources of 'omics data.

PANDA was first released in C++ but now we've created a python implementation of the PANDA algorithm that is both faster than the C++ version (because we now use matrix operations) and has more features.

https://github.com/davidvi/pypanda

Would you be interested in adding pypanda to biopython? I would be willing to maintain the code.

To change your notification preferences, please click here and login: http://redmine.open-bio.org