[Biopython-dev] New Homepage - "Brute force" effort of Community?

Markus Piotrowski Markus.Piotrowski at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Wed Apr 20 19:32:02 UTC 2016

Am 20.04.2016 um 20:25 schrieb João Rodrigues:
> Hi all,
>
> Count me in for this as well.
Great! Can you do pages "GSOC2011_Mocapy.md" to "Google_Summer_of_Code.md"?

> One remark though, should we really convert everything? I think it
> might be a waste of time for everyone to try and convert all the pages
> when some are clearly outdated/useless (I just saw my GSOC 2010
> progress page).
I think identifying pages that are outdated or useless is part of the
job. Maybe we should list them on GitHub (.io).

> Since we are moving to a new platform for the web page, we could (and
> should) use this opportunity to refresh a bit the content as well,
> e.g., maybe integrating some of Tiago's iPython notebook tutorials,
> pointing directly to the Github page/download on the home page, etc?
The idea behind my "brute force" suggestion is to comb through the whole
Biopython web presence systematically to get rid of most issues which
might have occurred due to the moving or were already present before.
This should be a short time effort, this doesn't mean that other things
can not follow.

-Markus