[Biopython-dev] Experimenting with migrating wiki to GitHub pages

Peter Cock p.j.a.cock at googlemail.com
Fri Apr 8 17:25:52 UTC 2016

Hi all,

A short update on the MediaWiki to Markdown / GitHub pages work.

I have just updated the migration at:

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io
http://biopython.github.io/wiki/Biopython

This required minor changes to the settings and conversion due to
GitHub's updates, e.g.

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/commit/88c2e291d2fbb94a004a47aeb0548659148d20d4
https://github.com/peterjc/mediawiki_to_git_md/commit/e7a94e1f7f42490ed31e15de1d48f41fb7ea5732

I also filled in a few more mappings from the old MediaWiki usernames
to GitHub email addresses - hopefully these are all correct?

https://github.com/biopython/biopython.github.io/graphs/contributors

Likewise if anyone claims one of the following (number of edits, old username),
please email me:

1 - Amitjoshi
1 - Daniel P.
1 - Dj winter
3 - Einar
1 - Emeryl
1 - Hugog
1 - James Estevez
1 - Jbbrown
1 - Jflatow
1 - Jtriley
1 - Kian.ho
1 - Kmcallenberg
1 - Konrad
2 - Krishna
1 - Marc Juul
3 - MatatTHC
2 - Matsen
1 - Mys 721tx
2 - Mzapala
2 - NeilenMarais
3 - Newacct
2 - Nfdelane
1 - Nuin
1 - Robschia
1 - Zach Stednick

In other news, BioJava are hoping to switch over to their GitHub Pages
website shortly...

Peter