[Biopython-dev] Installation documentation

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Tue Apr 28 12:41:20 UTC 2009

Hi Peter;

> I've made some updates to Installation.tex, which I think are an
> improvement over the version shipped with Biopython 1.50 and currently
> online.  I think we could update these files now:
>
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/install/Installation.html
> http://biopython.org/DIST/docs/install/Installation.pdf
>
> Does that seem sensible?  Before that, would anyone like to proof read
> the text in CVS, or make further updates?  For example, are the bits
> on  FreeBSD, Fink and RPMs still valid?

The FreeBSD port is out of date now, so I commented that section out
and replaced it with a section on using easy_install. This also
reminded me that I needed to update the version on the Python
Package Index. I added a note to the release details to do this; oh
man, another step.

Peter, if you have an account on pypi, let me know your login and I
can add you as an owner for Biopython.

Brad