[Biopython-dev] Rolling new releases

Brad Chapman chapmanb at 50mail.com
Thu Apr 23 12:53:56 UTC 2009

Hi all;

> > It would also be worth thinking about what the worst parts of
> > building the releases are and seeing if we can automate or eliminate
> > them. A few things that I can think of:

[Brainstorming a few suggestions]

I feel like I derailed from the main point by making suggestions.
Separate from a debate about betas and version support and
documentation -- how can we make releases easier to roll?

Peter, this started when you mentioned that rolling the release
felt kind of painful and it would be great if others would pitch in.
The idea of soliciting volunteers as release coordinators is great.

In addition to that, we should think about streamlining the release
process -- what are the parts we can get rid of and still have high
quality releases? Peter, since you are doing them right now, what
are your thoughts?

Brad