[Biopython-dev] CVS freeze for Biopython 1.50

Peter biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Apr 20 09:03:47 UTC 2009

On Fri, Apr 17, 2009 at 6:16 PM, Peter <biopython at maubp.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

> Are there any release blocking issues I've missed?

I'm going to assume not.

> I was going to do it this evening before leaving work, but I'm tired and
> wouldn't want to make any mistakes.  Instead, I aim to do the release
> this weekend, and make the Windows installers at some point on
> Monday.  The more rain we get this weekend, the more time I'll try
> and spend on the docs first - otherwise the lawn needs cutting... ;)

Well the good news is it didn't rain, I had a nice weekend, and cut
half the grass.  The bad news is obviously I didn't do the Biopython
release, although I did work on the documentation.  In addition to the
nice weather, my other excuse is I had forgotten I'd upgraded my old
laptop so I didn't have a Python 2.3 machine handy at home. ;)

> I'll send out a warning email before hand - but until then please
> feel free to check in documentation changes (including docstrings
> and doctests).

This is the CVS freeze email.  I'm going to do the release in the next
hour or two.

> We still don't have much on GenomeDiagram in the main tutorial, but I
> have some plans to improve this. [...]

I got most of that done at the weekend :)