[Bioperl-l] BpWrapper: acknowledgements & call for beta-testers

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Tue Mar 7 20:24:41 UTC 2017

Hi Weigang et al,

Congrats on the manuscript!  Apologies for the late reply, this one snuck by me.

The FAQ (http://bioperl.org/FAQ.html) can answer some of these questions.  In general I would refer to the citation (http://genome.cshlp.org/content/12/10/1611); if there is anyone in particular you wish to acknowledge they could be mentioned in that section.

I agree, having simpler front-end scripts/wrappers is a definite benefit long-term, primarily b/c you are creating a more user-friendly front-end.  I’m actually wondering where some of the more popular scripts in the core ‘scripts’ directory could be ported to this, it seems like a better long-term solution since these appear to be tested (one thing the scripts actually lack).

chris