[Bioperl-l] BioPerl v1.7.0 released

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 25 21:40:30 UTC 2016

Hi all,

We are happy to announce the long-awaited release of BioPerl v1.7.0.  The release is now available on CPAN and Github!

As a quick note: there is a bug with the CPAN indexer that we’re working with the PAUSE admins in addressing.  In the meantime, if you want the latest release, you can install it by specifically requesting to install Bio::Root::Version (which has the version properly set).  For instance, using cpanm:

cpanm Bio::Root::Version

For the full announcement, along with release details and the intent for this run, see the OBF News post:

https://news.open-bio.org/2016/09/25/bioperl-v1-7-0-released/

I would like to thank Brian Osborne, Mark Jensen, Paul Cantalupo, and Francisco Ossandon for all the work on the website migration, and Hilmar Lapp for work with BioPerl and Docker during Codefest 2016.  I would also like to thank Dr. Mark Johnson (NCBI) for the notes and fixes for the NCBI HTTPS migration.  Also, thanks to everyone who submitted bug reports and helped with the release and the move to the new website.

Enjoy!