[Bioperl-l] Important! Redmine issue migration
Fields, Christopher J
cjfields at illinois.edu
Thu Oct 8 14:03:59 UTC 2015
All tickets have been moved over! I moved the other project issues right into the project tracker instead of creating a separate repo, e.g. bioperl-db:
We could merge the redmine issues into bioperl-live if needed, though it has way more than the others and was more problematic due to github REST API limits. I have also closed the relevant Redmine project trackers, which makes them read-only. A number of user names didn’t map, though I don’t think that’s too much of a problem.
On Oct 7, 2015, at 6:17 PM, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
…and the bioperl-live tickets are essentially done.
We can move over the others, and then I can archive the projects on the OBF instance so they are read-only.
On Oct 7, 2015, at 2:57 PM, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields at illinois.edu> wrote:
Just an update: I’m working on the final migration now. I’ve enabled user name mapping to github IDs for the original bug reports (but not the comments, which should cut down on noise). Once this is finished I’ll reassign the redmine issues repo over to the bioperl organization. I’ll also check the bioperl-run and other bioperl-* repos on redmine to see how many tickets are left.
On Sep 28, 2015, at 9:25 PM, Fields, Christopher J <cjfields at illinois.edu<mailto:cjfields at illinois.edu>> wrote:
The move will have to be iterative; I seem to have hit a submission limit which forbids sending more than a few hundred queries/updates. Not sure why, as it’s done via OAuth key. Not a big problem, just will be in 2-3 batches.
I may do a quick test run to see whether the submitter alone is mapped to the Github ID or if it’s also commenter IDs. If someone is being pinged for every mention of their name in comments it might get loud :)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Bioperl-l