[Bioperl-l] Properly installing Bioperl - Ubuntu - Git

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Wed Jan 14 20:14:06 UTC 2015

Bundle::BioPerl is out of date.  I’ll have to check in with Chris Dagdigian to see if we can update that, as it’s not on github.

Unless you are using NCBI and the ‘gene’ database, you won’t need Bio::ASN1::EntrezGene.  The latest CPAN releases for both should still resolve the circular dependency though; not sure why you are running into this problem.

The github master version should technically be ‘1.007000_001’ or similar, not ‘1.006925’.   I’ll have a look at that.

chris