[Bioperl-l] Google Summer of Code 2015

Mark Jensen maj at fortinbras.us
Mon Feb 16 17:33:35 UTC 2015

(sorry if post comes through twice...)

I think an important project to BP's future is to finally disintegrate
the monolith, with a couple objectives:

- devise a true project plan for this effort with objective, milestones
   and (dare I say it) timelines so that it actually happens
- get all (or all eventual) github repos to install alone (or correctly
   import dependent repos), which is proof that it's happening
- Figure out what 1.7 means and then do it.

Easy for me to say, absolutely, but maybe a student who is also
interested
in getting a little project management education (very marketable)
would
bite on some of it. I would donate some time if another would like to
help co-mentor. Thoughts?

MAJ