[Bioperl-l] length of hit->description

Francisco J. Ossandón fossandonc at hotmail.com
Thu Jul 24 18:23:40 UTC 2014

Hello,
Can you give more context of the problem?? Are you talking about a Blast
result or a HMMer result??

Is important because the default Blast output format use multiple lines if
hit description is too long, but HMMer truncates the description to what can
be fit in a single line, so BioPerl can't recover more than what appears in
the output. If your are talking about HMMer, some months ago I already
applied a patch that recovers as most as possible from the description:
https://github.com/bioperl/bioperl-live/commit/74c88d254215dd1879e23488cd308
033d0fce6f9

Also, what's your purpose with " hit->description(500)"?? Because passing an
argument would change the description to '500' instead of the original
description...

Cheers,

Francisco J. Ossandon