[Bioperl-l] low complexity filter in StandAloneBlastPlus

Carnë Draug carandraug+dev at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 22:38:36 UTC 2014

On 13 February 2014 22:09, Paul Cantalupo <pcantalupo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Carne,
>
> Take a look at the synopsis of
> Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus::BlastMethods. I think you need to use
> the method_args parameter:
>
>  $result = $fac->blastn( -query => 'query_seqs.fas',
>                          -outfile => 'query.bls',
>                          -method_args => [ '-dust' => 'no' ] );

Hi Paul

thank for your reply but where do you see this documentation? This is
neither in the last release [1], the bioperl-run repository [2], or
the bioperl-live [3] (which doesn't even have ::BlastMethods).

Also, I did what you say but get a "Blast run: parameter 'dust' is not
available for method 'tblastn'" error.

This is my simple code, from the very start (including creation of the
database):

Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus->new(
  -db_data => $db_data,
  -db_name => $db_name,
  -create => 1,
)->make_db();

my $fac = Bio::Tools::Run::StandAloneBlastPlus->new(
  -db_name => $db_name,
);

foreach my $file (@files) {
  my $result = $fac->tblastn(