[Bioperl-l] Bb-utils

Weigang Qiu weigangq at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 05:48:07 UTC 2014

Hi, George, Chris, and Cacau:

That's my question as well: these are bp wrappers and utility scripts, not
APIs that fits into CPAN naturally. I have an informal source-forge
repository for bp-utils, but not quite ready for form formal release.

My intention of having it somehow housed within bioperl is not only for
exposure and attracting usage and development, but also to pay proper
tribute to you guys' hard work maintaining and developing bioperl.

I appreciate the suggestion of having its own name space. If approved, I
(and my lab members) will make sure it doesn't not fall into poor
maintenance and being an orphan. Having a wiki presence may be a good first
step to gradually and properly roll it out?

thanks,

--
Weigang Qiu (邱伟刚)
117-14 Union Turnpike