[Bioperl-l] Modifying Blast plus parameters

Paul Cantalupo pcantalupo at gmail.com
Fri Apr 25 16:10:08 UTC 2014

Hi Oz

I'm assuming that you are running a local blast, right? blastn has
-perc_identity option but none of the other programs (blastp, blastx,
etc...) have this option. As for maximal length, do you mean Query Coverage
like you get when doing a BLAST at NCBI (
http://blast.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Blast.cgi)? If so, there are two options in
blast that you can choose (from 'blastn -help'):

qcovs means Query Coverage Per Subject
qcovhsp means Query Coverage Per HSP

Then you would have to filter the blast output manually on your QC value
since the blast programs do not have an option for this.

Regards,

Paul

Paul Cantalupo
University of Pittsburgh