[Bioperl-l] Fetching particular tags of genbank/genpept features via eutils

Alexey Morozov alexeymorozov1991 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 06:00:17 UTC 2013

Dear colleagues,
I'm not sure if this list is the right place to ask, but I have a question
regarding NCBI eutils. Say, I have lots of CDS's IDs like NP_769305.1 or
YP_001638012.1. "Lots" as in "Millions of them" (a metagenomic project). Of
course, I want to get something actually meaningful, so I decided to use
"product" field of associated protein records. Can I spare fetching
complete records, which will easily be gygabytes upon gigabytes of
unnecessary data and get at least only "protein" feature of genpept file?

--
Alexey Morozov,
LIN SB RAS, bioinformatics group.