[Bioperl-l] bioperl on CentOS 6.4

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Fri Nov 22 04:18:50 UTC 2013

Ah, this is the piece I was missing.  This looks like a problem with the local perl CPAN configuration; these lines are the clue:

Package seems to come without Makefile.PL
(The test -f "/root/.cpan/build/CJFIELDS-T5oDhJ/Makefile.PL” returned false.)

We use Module::Build, not Extutil::MakeMaker; this is why there is no Makefile.PL.  I can try looking into what may be going on; maybe try installing Module::Build to see if that addresses the problem?  There may be an RPM for it, though it normally come with perl core.

-c