[Bioperl-l] bioperl on CentOS 6.4

m.roth at 5-cent.us m.roth at 5-cent.us
Tue Nov 19 21:07:45 UTC 2013

If there is such info, I'd very much appreciate a link to how to install
BioPerl on CentOS 6.4 (which is the same as RHEL 6.4, or, I think,
Scientific Linux 6.4....)

Currently, a) cpan fails to install; b) the "current" version won't build
due to dependencies on some newer libraries, and c) 9.0.1 is a nightmare
of dependencies, which I had to patch to change all references to
/usr/bin/perl from /bin/ perl and /usr/bin/perl, and, among many other
requirements to install, though not to build, is Ace, which I see
deprecated in the Build.PL, but used in several modules.

      mark