[Bioperl-l] Bio::Tools::SeqStats to count bases

Fields, Christopher J cjfields at illinois.edu
Mon Feb 4 18:54:39 UTC 2013

Please make sure and read both Roy's and Adam's responses all the way through; Bio::SeqIO is not a sequence object but the front-end for format parsing (e.g. FASTA, etc).  Bio::PrimarySeq does not have a '-file' parameter, Bio::SeqIO does.

If SeqStats truly doesn't work with Bio::Seq we can fix that, but according to Adam he has tested using Bio::SeqIO out and it seems to work.

chris