[Bioperl-l] problem installing BioPerl

Scott Cain scott at scottcain.net
Mon Aug 26 18:27:16 UTC 2013

Hi Alexey,

Since I didn't exactly know the answer (I'm not a maintainer), I just
created a new Ubuntu 12.04.3 server and installed it fresh to see what it
would install.  The list of both suggested packages (that won't get
installed without an additionally apt-get command) and the list of newly
installed packages are pasted below.  It's a long list!  The Debian package
installs lots of additional software, most of which the typical user isn't
going to need, but it is easy.

Scott

Suggested packages:
  apache2-doc apache2-suexec apache2-suexec-custom filo gmap paml molphy
phylip ensembl
  ncbi-rrna-data ncbi-tools-bin ncbi-tools-x11 libvibrant6a bowtie-examples
clustalx seaview
  emboss-doc emboss-test embassy ghostscript-cups ghostscript-x hpijs
graphviz-doc
  fonts-ipafont-mincho fonts-ipafont-gothic ttf-arphic-ukai ttf-arphic-uming
  fonts-unfonts-core hmmer-doc libmath-random-perl libxml-sax-expatxs-perl
cups-common
  libgd-tools libdata-dump-perl libjasper-runtime liblcms2-utils uuid
ttf-baekmuk
  ttf-arphic-gbsn00lp ttf-arphic-bsmi00lp ttf-arphic-gkai00mp
ttf-arphic-bkai00mp
  libscalar-number-perl libmime-lite-perl libnet-jabber-perl
libauthen-ntlm-perl
  libunicode-map8-perl libunicode-string-perl xml-twig-tools
libyaml-shell-perl groff
  ncbi-epcr probcons-extra ri ruby-dev ruby1.8-examples ri1.8
openssl-blacklist boxshade
  t-coffee-doc t-coffee-examples dialign-tx poa proda wise-doc
  amap-align apache2 apache2-mpm-worker apache2-utils apache2.2-bin
apache2.2-common bedtools
  bioperl bioperl-run blast2 bowtie bwa clustalw cmap-adobe-japan1 dialign
emboss emboss-data
  emboss-lib exonerate fontconfig fontconfig-config fonts-liberation
ghostscript graphviz
  gs-cjk-resource gsfonts hmmer infernal kalign libace-perl
libalgorithm-c3-perl
  libalgorithm-diff-perl libalgorithm-diff-xs-perl libalgorithm-munkres-perl
  libapache-dbi-perl libapache2-mod-perl2 libapache2-reload-perl libapr1
libaprutil1
  libaprutil1-dbd-sqlite3 libaprutil1-ldap libarray-compare-perl
libavahi-client3
  libavahi-common-data libavahi-common3 libb-hooks-endofscope-perl
libbio-asn1-entrezgene-perl
  libbio-perl-perl libbio-perl-run-perl libbit-vector-perl
libbsd-resource-perl
  libcache-cache-perl libcairo2 libcap2 libcarp-clan-perl libcdt4
libcgraph5 libclass-c3-perl
  libclass-c3-xs-perl libclass-inspector-perl libclass-load-perl
libclass-load-xs-perl
  libclone-perl libconvert-binary-c-perl libconvert-binhex-perl
libcrypt-ssleay-perl libcups2
  libcupsimage2 libdata-optlist-perl libdata-stag-perl libdate-calc-perl
libdate-calc-xs-perl
  libdate-manip-perl libdatrie1 libdbd-mysql-perl libdbd-pg-perl
libdbd-sqlite3-perl
  libdbi-perl libdevel-globaldestruction-perl libdevel-partialdump-perl
libdevel-symdump-perl
  libencode-locale-perl liberror-perl libeval-closure-perl libfcgi-perl
libfile-listing-perl
  libfont-afm-perl libfontconfig1 libfreezethaw-perl libgd-gd2-perl
libgd2-xpm libgraph-perl
  libgraph4 libgraphviz-perl libgs9 libgs9-common libgvc5 libgvpr1
libheap-perl libhpdf-2.2.1
  libhtml-form-perl libhtml-format-perl libhtml-parser-perl
libhtml-tagset-perl
  libhtml-tree-perl libhttp-cookies-perl libhttp-daemon-perl
libhttp-date-perl
  libhttp-message-perl libhttp-negotiate-perl libice6 libijs-0.35
libio-pty-perl
  libio-socket-inet6-perl libio-socket-ssl-perl libio-stringy-perl
libipc-run-perl
  libipc-sharelite-perl libjasper1 libjbig2dec0 libjcode-pm-perl
libjpeg-turbo8 libjpeg8
  liblcms2-2 liblist-moreutils-perl liblwp-mediatypes-perl
liblwp-protocol-https-perl
  libmailtools-perl libmath-derivative-perl libmath-spline-perl
libmime-tools-perl
  libmldbm-perl libmodule-runtime-perl libmoose-perl libmro-compat-perl
libmysqlclient18
  libnamespace-clean-perl libncbi6 libnet-daemon-perl libnet-http-perl
libnet-ssleay-perl
  libole-storage-lite-perl libossp-uuid-perl libossp-uuid16
libpackage-deprecationmanager-perl
  libpackage-stash-perl libpackage-stash-xs-perl libpango1.0-0
libpaper-utils libpaper1
  libparams-classify-perl libparams-util-perl libparse-recdescent-perl
libpathplan4
  libperl5.14 libpixman-1-0 libplrpc-perl libpostscript-perl libpq5
libreadline5 libruby1.8
  libset-scalar-perl libsm6 libsoap-lite-perl libsocket6-perl
libsort-naturally-perl
  libspreadsheet-parseexcel-perl libspreadsheet-writeexcel-perl
libstatistics-descriptive-perl
  libsub-exporter-perl libsub-identify-perl libsub-install-perl
libsvg-graph-perl libsvg-perl
  libtask-weaken-perl libthai-data libthai0 libtie-ixhash-perl libtiff4
libtree-dagnode-perl
  libtry-tiny-perl libunicode-map-perl liburi-perl libvariable-magic-perl
libwww-perl
  libwww-robotrules-perl libxaw7 libxcb-render0 libxcb-shm0 libxft2
libxml-dom-perl
  libxml-dom-xpath-perl libxml-filter-buffertext-perl libxml-libxml-perl
libxml-libxslt-perl
  libxml-namespacesupport-perl libxml-parser-perl libxml-perl
libxml-regexp-perl
  libxml-sax-base-perl libxml-sax-expat-perl libxml-sax-perl
libxml-sax-writer-perl
  libxml-simple-perl libxml-twig-perl libxml-writer-perl libxml-xpath-perl
  libxml-xpathengine-perl libxmu6 libxpm4 libxrender1 libxslt1.1 libxt6
libyaml-libyaml-perl
  libyaml-perl libyaml-syck-perl lynx lynx-cur mafft maq muscle
mysql-common ncbi-data
  perl-doc perl-tk phyml primer3 probcons ruby ruby1.8 samtools sim4
ssl-cert t-coffee
  tigr-glimmer ttf-dejavu-core ttf-liberation wise x11-common
0 upgraded, 239 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 94.7 MB of archives.
After this operation, 271 MB of additional disk space will be used.