[Bioperl-l] genbank/embl format ebnf or other formal description

Hilmar Lapp hlapp at drycafe.net
Wed Sep 12 13:02:28 UTC 2012

I hadn't seen that, but it looks interesting. However, the definition of the grammar is again Perl-style. What'd be really nice is to have grammars for which one can generate a state machine in one language, verify through testing that it (the grammar) is correct, and then be able to generate state machines in other languages without also having to rewrite all the tests. My sense of Ragel is that it's pretty close to that idea.

	-hilmar