[Bioperl-l] Extracting sequences from Genbank files

Brian Forde b.m.forde at umail.ucc.ie
Thu May 24 10:27:36 UTC 2012

Hello,

I have been modifying a script which extracts all the protein sequences
from a genbank file and saves them in a multi-fasta file.

I wish the fasta header to have both the locus_tag of the protein and the
product. However I cannot get the  product tag to write to the fasta header

this is the relevant section of the script

 $s->display_id($f->has_tag('locus_tag') ? join(',',sort
$f->each_tag_value('locus_tag')) :
                           $f->has_tag('product') ?
join(',',$f->each_tag_value('product')):
                           $s->display_id);

is "product" not an actual tag

regards

Brian