[Bioperl-l] get geneID for gene names

Hermann Norpois hnorpois at googlemail.com
Wed May 2 21:00:56 UTC 2012

Thank you very much. But there still is a problem.

This is my output:
525211,210532,167498,142652

I get some ids (the first one is the UniSTS ID, the following ... I do not
know) but there is no gene ID. If you compare to the following link:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/genome/sts/sts.cgi?uid=525211 The gene ID
should be 54161<http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=gene&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=Graphics&list_uids=54161>
.

This is my (your) script:

#!/bin/perl -w

use Bio::DB::EUtilities;

my $name = "Copg";
my $factory = Bio::DB::EUtilities->new(-eutil  => 'esearch',
                                     -db     => 'unists',
                                     -term   => "$name AND Mus musculus
[ORGN]",
                                     -email  => 'hnorpois at mpipsykl.mpg.de',